I’m a normal but cool engineer who always wants to solve problems with simple think. I have over 10 years experience working in IT industy in various positions, mostly in software development. I’m interested in technology and love to work in the innovative organizations that are building things to help the world transformed.
|2014 – Present|| Agile Coach, Trainer, Speaker|
I’m an organizational and process consultant, Agile/Lean coach for both team and organizational levels of well-know enterprises and startups.
I’m an Agile trainer of the famous courses such as Agile Mindset, Agile Mindset and Practices, Pragmatic Scrum, Agile Toolkits, Agile Developers…
I’m a lecturer of Advanced Project Management course, master degree, FPT University.
I deliver the speeches at the famous Agile events such as Agile Tour, Regional Scrum Gathering (Ho Chi Minh, Tokyo…), Agile Vietnam Conference.
|July 2013 – Present||Mobile Engineering Manager|
I joined Planday, a Danish startup, as the first Vietnamese engineer. Planday provides a SaaS workforce scheduling service, aim to become the number 1 player in this domain by raising funds to series C after growing 100% year by year in both company size, customers and revenue. In Planday, I was playing some roles:
• Solution Engineer for system, apps in iOS and Android.
• Agile Coach
• Manage office in Hanoi, Vietnam
• Do ‘everything’ for building the good working environment such as hiring, training, designing working methods… etc.
I love doing these works where I build an Agile organisation with flat-management promoted. There were 4 strong teams with 25 colleagues in 3 years before we hired a new Office Manager and let me focus on technical works.
Now I’m Mobile Engineering Manager.
|Jan 2012 – Present||Board Member – Agile Vietnam|
I co-founed Hanoi Scrum in 2010 but wasn’t active until 2012 when I came back and became a Board Member. In beginning of 2014, Hanoi Scrum and Agile Vietnam were merged together as the biggest Agile community in Vietnam and I’m also in the Board.
Agile Vietnam was found as a non-profit organisation by a mission of promoting Agile in community. We help to connect Vietnam with the great Agile thought leaders over the world by:
• Organize the conferences such as Scrum Day (2012, 2013), Agile Tour (2011 – 2015), Scrum Gathering (2015), Agile Vietnam Conference (2016 – 2018)
• Organize workshops and trainings such as Lean Mindset, CSM, CSPO …
• Orgainze monthly meetup
• Run the programs: Scrum Coffee, Agile4U
• Translate books: Scrum Guide (scrum.org), Scrum Primer, Scrum and XP from the Trenches (Hennrik Kniberg, ISBN: 978-1-4303-2264-1), …
• Other on-demand events such as XP Day, meetup…
|September 2010 – June 2014||FPT University|
I have been teaching in Information Technology Specialization department, subject head of IT Applicaiton in Enterprise, e-commerce.
I also have been teaching other subjects such as Introduction to Computing, Programming with Java, Programming with C#…
I have been a co-coach of ACM/ICPC and Information Technology Olympiad teams for 3 years, coach of Information Technology Security teams for 2 years. Those individuals and teams were in the top of those contests in Vietnam.
|Jan 2012 – Jan 2014||Board Member – Hanoi Scrum|
Helping to bring Agile to software industry in Vietnam, enlarging Agile community by:
• Connecting world-class Agile professionals to Vietnam
• Organizing events such as Agile Tour, Scrum Gathering, XP Day…
• Running programs such as Agile4U (Agile for University), Agile Talk…
• Translating books such as Scrum Guide, Scrum Primer…
|2011 – 2013||Translator/Editor|
Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals, Fourth Edition
Author: Mark Ciampa, Ph.D
Murach’s SQL Server 2008 for developers
Author: Bryan Syverson and Joel Murach
Databases: A Beginner’s Guide
Author: Andrew J. Oppel
Author: John Ross
|Mar 2019 – Dec 2010||Instructor – FPT Aptech|
Working as instructor in semester I, II, III for some subjects like Programming with C#, BuildingWebsite, Enterprise Website with EJB…
|Jan 2006 – Apr 2010||Software Developer|
April 2009 – April 2010
I have worked as a mobile developer and sometimes as project manager in the outsourcing projects.
June 2007 – July 2008
I have worked as a developer and sometimes as project leader in a consulting company for some projects of big customers.
January 2007 – July 2007
I have worked as a developer in the large projects: P2P file sharing system, TTVN chatting system
- University of Engineering and Technology – Vietnam National University, Hanoi
- Master of Software Engineering, 2009 – 2012
- Bachelor of Software Engineering, Distinction, 2005 – 2009
Certified Scrum Professional, Scrum Alliance
Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance